a little worried

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by hillcrew » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:23 pm

i was out wit my mates last night and ive got a little clunk when turning left then back again but not all the time also i was being a silly boy and did a wheels spin and my mates said they could hear a sort of metal slapping stroke grinding noise i know its very vague but any ideas as to what could be wrong
hillcrew

by se6 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:29 pm

I have a similar thing with mine too. When im on a left lock, say at a junction turning left, then accelerate away i hear a similar kind of noise. Also its even worse goin uphill on a left hander! The CV joint has been ruled out when i took it to my local garage yesterday and he went out for a drive. Its being inspected next week.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by se6 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:31 pm

Forgot to mention that the clunk is constant until you go off the lock or power. But it doesnt seem to do it all the time. Is this the same with yours?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

RE: Black Diamond Discs & Pads

by BenW » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:37 am

I would check:

CV Joint (listen for knocking whilst driving slowly on full lock in both directions)
Balljoints
Anti-rollbar droplinks

I get a clunk when turning right at the mo, as I need to get around to changing the n/s balljoint.

Probably many other things to check too...
BenW

Crashed My Girlfriends MG ZR

by Furey » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:30 pm

i used to get a really loud clunk when reversing left hand down, then another one when after i went forward after doing the same. i couldnt find anything with lots of play in it, neither could my mechanic. the clunk went away after a while.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by hillcrew » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:27 pm

thanks guys i think it may be a ball joint too i have new cv boots so that rules them out
hillcrew