shoes

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

RE: Yellow tags on the seatbelts...

by Mac » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:17 am

Ok, put on a new handbrake cable and tightend up the nut, but the lever still points sky ways, Am I gonna have to strip the the rear discs off to change the shoes?
What have youz done to sort this problem?

Cheers.
Mac

Silicone Hoses

by Mac » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:57 pm

Admin or moderators, can you remove this post now as I have done the job and noone replied anyway .
Thanks Mac.
Mac

RE: Alright own up...

by Fraz » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:47 pm

Hi Mac. I would remove the post ..but if you fixed the problem would it not be helpful to other users to say what you did to cure the problem.

I know you never got a reply but it was only one day

I would guess that the actual shoes needed the adjustment first rather than just taking up the slack on the cable
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by leegsi » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:05 pm

Yea you need to put a screwdriver through a hole opn the hub bit and turn the adjuster till the shoes just bite

Then take the slack out of the cable
leegsi

by Mac » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:32 pm

Cheers.
But here goes............
Pic 1) Jack up and support rear of vehicle remove road wheel,release handbrake.
Pic2) Undo the two 19mm bolts that hold the caliper on( Place abs sensor to the side on the wishbone),
Pic3) Support the caliper by cable tying it to the rear shock avoing any stress on the brake pipes.
Pic4) Remove the disc retaining scew( Give the rear of the screwdriver a tap with hammer to loosen screw threads)
Pic5) Clean up the hub with a wire brush to aid removal of drum/spigot ring.
(Can't add more pics so check next post..)
Mac
Mac

by Mac » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:45 pm

So carrying on..............

Pic6) Pull off disc ( may need slight perswaytion with a nylon hammer failing that lever with a big screw driver)
Pic7) This is the adjuster. First Rub down shoes and drum inards with sand paper, spray some brake cleaner on all springs/adjuster/pivot(at the bottom).

How to adjust)...Lever forward the spring(see pic7) rotate star part of adjuster with screw driver downwards( to make shoes go outwards) (Upwards to make shoes come inwards), Try disc for fitment it should go on with no binding or extreme pushing( expect a little resistance due to lip on drum inards),

Put everthing back on in the revese order you took it off. Tighten wheel nuts, Lower car then tighten wheel nuts to torque setting.
Do the same on the other side.
Mac