ABS light on no codes

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

RE: Paper clip

by Nutter » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:49 pm

yes my abs light is on all the time and i have connected pins A and K on plug to read codes but light doesnt flash just stays lit, i have checked fuse 14 and has power there , it is 92 onwards type abs so i have checked plugs at modulator and removed cover and made sure the 2 relays not loose, any more ideas appreciated i cant afford to take it to electrician or garage... :-P
Nutter

RE: A-pillar gauges

by SukySaggi » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:44 pm

Possibly your abs sensor has gone. Its usually the front n/s one that goes, but you will have to get it checked out at a garage.
SukySaggi

RE: Perfectly good Turbo engine went for silly money

by Leigh » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:55 pm

I'm getting intermittent ABS lights, and it always flashes out as Front N/S, I checked the sensor (as much as I could) with a multimeter ages ago and seemed ok.
Mines a '96, ..

Nutter, which part is the modulator you refer to ? the control 'box' in the engine bay? Just I've not checked anything around there so it might be worth me having a look. at the plugs and relays..
Leigh

by SprintV8 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:06 pm

Check your brake light's.
The ABS light came on mine,
Turned out to be a Blown Stop Light Bulb.
SprintV8

buying 16v cally

by Nutter » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:12 am

Its ok i have fixed it at last, after studying wiring diagram in haynes manual (which isnt easy), and then checking all the circuits ,I eventualy traced the fault to being the wires that that run to the warning bulb had chaffed through and were earthing out on the metal steering column bracket deep inside the dash , so i just insulated them up again , and off goes the light [img]/wink.gif[/img] i then did fault code check and it flashed 12s to tell me no faults ,which is excelent .so maybee mine was one off but could be an area to check if you ever get very strange elec faults like that was as the main loom does rub on the metal brackets in dash....
Nutter