Lowering problem

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Hindy » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:47 pm

I recently lowered my Calibra xe -35mm on Pi springs. The back dropped down really nice but does look like it could be -60mm but I know Cally's are pretty low anyway.

Before anyone asks no i havent got any pics and yes the springs were brand new.

Anyway the problem is the drivers front. It appears that it hasnt lowered at all. Its a lot higher than the passenger side.

The front drivers is very stiff. So stiff that its very hard to push down on it.

I havent got a seized shock as it was taken out today and it isnt seized.

I'm confused.

Any ideas?

Daz
Hindy

RE: Hello Club Calibra!

by projectx » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:09 am

Perhaps the spring is not seated properly or something. Don't know a great deal about suspension but I know someone who had that problem on the back of their car, so it's probably feasible that a similar problem could happen on the front.
projectx

RE: Lowered 60mm and 19" alloys

by gran » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:18 am

sounds like the spring isnt sitting in the cup properly to me, wouldnt really explain why it's hard to push down on though?

not being funny, but have you re assembled it properly? i had a problem the 1st time i lowered mine where i had a mate helping and we did a side each and he'd put it back together wrong. that sat higher on 1 side aswell?
gran

RE: Still Waiting

by trev150 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:04 pm

Yeah definatly worth taking the wheel off and having a good look to see if it's seated correctly. You wouldn't want it to bounce around!!

Trev
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net