Suspension Kits? Who make for calibra 4x4 Turbo?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by gremlin » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:57 pm

Hi to you all I am new here so I am sorry if I ask some silly questions or repeat threads. I have looked through but I’m unable to find exactly what I’m looking for so here goes.

I have just brought my second 4x4 turbo after the first went walkabout thanks to some Ar*****e but I need a few things to get the beast right.

I am looking for suspension kits and where I can get them from and also front and back disks and pads and similarly the good, bad and ugly and where to get them from?

Tried koni but they dont do kits for the turbo and the only kit i have found so far is from Apex. Are they any good?

Any help much appreciated.

Oh last question - On the kits that say 35mm drop etc I take it that’s not on top of what the turbo is already dropped it is from standard ride height?? Is it??
gremlin

by Col » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:25 pm

welcome mate, theres a kit on ebay at the mo..

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10404&item=4517701301&rd=1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4517701301&rd=1</a>

no idea what its like though
Col

Re: RE: To K&N or not to K&N, That is the question

by gremlin » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:12 am

Thanks for the link but unfortunately he won’t post and it is a 400mile round trip to pick them up in a turbo.

What does everyone else with a turbo use?
gremlin

by 16vastra » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:23 pm

errrm calibra turbo 4x4 koni top adjustable SSK248 kit any use to you? 395 posted
16vastra

by gremlin » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:52 pm

16vastra i am not sure i am new to this and although this is my second turbo only the first one i have started to modify.

Is this a complete kit for the turbo 4x4?
Will i need anything else to fit it?
Is the kit new or SH?
What other full kits are there?
Are there any slightly cheaper or is it not worth paying less?

Sorry for the daft questions.
gremlin

RE: PC advice please!

by 16vastra » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:50 am

yup complete and new, i am trade (which i should have mentionned really tbh, sorry)
for the cally the koni stuff is probably your best bet, have a look about the forum these guys will have tried various kits
16vastra

by gremlin » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:00 pm

16vastra was hoping to pay a little less than that but having said that think i may just save and go with the koni kit. If you are trade do you do EBC stuff? I am looking for somewhere to get the following and the prices.

Front and read disks and front and rear green stuff pads for the 1995 4x4 turbo.
gremlin

RE: group buy now on

by projectx » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:59 am

Dunno about EBC, but he does do Black Diamond stuff, and is a top geezer to deal with. I just bought a full BD brake kit for a good price and he gave very good service getting it all to me.
projectx

by 16vastra » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:14 pm

cheers chris, i put your stickers and receipt thing in the post btw

i do distribute ebc, but green stuff are not recommended by me personally - i melted 2 sets in a week lol

i recommend black diamond combi's on the cally t, which are pretty good kits, everything front & rear and stainless brake hoses are on special for CC at 300 quid all in. the disks & pads all round would be 285 all in.
16vastra

by gremlin » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:32 pm

Sounds good! Will sort some cash out and then send you an email.

What comes in the full kit for £300?

Cheers

G
gremlin

RE: Suspension Kits? Who make for calibra 4x4 Turbo?

by projectx » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:41 pm

Incidentally Rob, when my car was down the garage being pulled apart, it turns out that 3 of my four hoses are braided anyway LOL [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Dunno why fourth one wasn't, guess it might have failed in the past. I've asked my mechanic to change both the front ones just to keep it symmetric [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Will probably keep the rear two as spares as the back ones seem fine.

I'll take some pics and post them once they're all fitted, those discs are so damn pretty [img]/smile.gif[/img]
projectx

by 16vastra » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:43 pm

lol fair enough, nice to have spares [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

G, the 300 quid BD kit has the front 284mm disks and pads, the rear 270mm disks & pads and a complete front & rear braided hose kit
the disks are the combi, xdrilled and grooved black ones
postage included as well as a sticker or 2 for you nice guys on CC [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
16vastra

RE: You might have noticed...

by gremlin » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

16vastra that all sounds grest. I will drop you a line with what i want as soon as i have cash but will probably be brake kit first.

Cheers
gremlin

RE: You might have noticed...

by 16vastra » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:05 pm

no worries, give me a ring or drop me an email mate
16vastra