Braking Vibration

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Braking Vibration

by clinty » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:08 am

Sometimes when I break at low speed (less than 5mph) I can feel the brake pedal vibrating as if the breaks are grinding on something. Got new break pads and discs on the car around 7k miles ago!!

Any ideas or nothing too worry about?
clinty

Braking Vibration

by Fortuna » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:20 am

I think its ALB coming in for some reason. Give the toothed wheel behind the disc a brush up. Sometimes the valleys can get clogged with road dirt.

Fortunanb
Fortuna

by Kieran_Burns » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:52 am

When you got the pads and brake disks changed (I presume at the same time) you DID bed them in by braking gently? If you brake harshly when they are new it is possible to warp them (I did once... invented a new third lane at a roundabout!)
Kieran_Burns

by clinty » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-fortunanb+--><div class='quotetop'>(fortunanb)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think its ALB coming in for some reason. Give the toothed wheel behind the disc a brush up. Sometimes the valleys can get clogged with road dirt.

Fortunanb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Will give this a try, cars serviced in acouple of weeks time will get the mechanic to take a look at it.

Cheers!!

<!--QuoteBegin-Kieran_Burns+--><div class='quotetop'>(Kieran_Burns)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->When you got the pads and brake disks changed (I presume at the same time) you DID bed them in by braking gently? If you brake harshly when they are new it is possible to warp them (I did once... invented a new third lane at a roundabout!)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup bedded themn in properly mate didnt bed his in properly one time, like yerself he created a 3rd lane lol and a new brown streak to his interior!!
clinty