ABS sensors

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

ABS sensors

by Mac » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:15 pm

On start up the light goes out, driving around after 10mins it comes on and stays on till you turn off the car, same story again when you drive about.

Any Ideas?
Mac

by Daimon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Does it come on when you hit a bump, or when you speed up quickly coming off a turn or roundabout or anything like that?? If so then I'd like to know what to do as well, got the same problem.

By the way when the light comes on and stays on it also disables the ABS I noticed.. which is annoying (I had to try didn't I?) [img]/smile.gif[/img]

D.
Daimon

by Stupink » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:43 pm

Why not read the codes and see what is stored!?
<a href="http://www.topbuzz.co.uk" target="_blank">www.topbuzz.co.uk</a>
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Daimon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:48 pm

Previously I couldn't be bothered... but I just picked up an ABS fault code thingo which I'll plug in and use. Didn't feel like using a paper clip before. [img]/wink.gif[/img]
I guess I don't like the idea of sitting there counting out flashes. It would tax my concentration too much. :shock:

D.
Daimon

by Mac » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:50 pm

Fault 25-> faulty ring gear.
Nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I gotta swap some hub's.
Mac

by Kieran_Burns » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:54 pm

Not necessarily... with the poor road conditions at the moment it could be a simple case of the gear teeth geeting clogged up with crap.

Get some cleaner on the cogs and liberally spray it around cleaning out all the pits between the teeth - you'll need to rotate the wheels to get to the full circumference.

It's a pain, but a heck of a lot cheaper!
Kieran_Burns

by Mac » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:55 pm

Ears Mukka!
Mac