Bleeding brakes

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Bleeding brakes

by Mac » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:11 pm

Used the search and found some good info(very helpfull), But have some more questions,

When renewing the fluid(using one man bleed kit), Does the Abs system use the same fluid? and will this be renewed at the same time? Or do you have to do something else to change the ABS system fluid?

Cheers Mac.
Mac

by Furey » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:26 pm

no mate, the systems arnt connected. however id also like to know how to change the power steering fluid, as mine is a pretty horrid colour.

edit: hmm on second thoughts that doesnt make any sence. i somehow read abs as power steering. i have power steering on the brain. i'll go back to sleep now...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MarkV6 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Mac+--><div class='quotetop'>(Mac)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->When renewing the fluid(using one man bleed kit), Does the Abs system use the same fluid? and will this be renewed at the same time? Or do you have to do something else to change the ABS system fluid?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The ABS unit is connected into the brake lines and uses a series of solenoids and valves to release brakeline pressure when it's sensors show a wheel is about to lock.

As long as you don't allow the fluid reservoir to become empty of fluid (thus allowing air into the system) when bleeding the brakes you should be fine.

I have heard of airlocks occuring in the ABS unit and having to plug in a diagnotics unit to manually operate the ABS to remove the air.

As a personal thing I flush through two reservoirs worth of fluid for each corner.

HTH
I used to own this Calibra...
I now own this one.

Xbox live gamertag IcedSage
PS3 PS4 network gamertag Calibra-Madman
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Mac » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:47 pm

Cheers.
Mac