La la la another problem, brakes this time

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

La la la another problem, brakes this time

by projectx » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:02 pm

Now my Black Diamond pads and discs are bedded, I thought I'd try seeing just how much better they are than the standards, so I tried braking down from about 60 MPH quite hard (though not OTT), and my battery light and ECU light came on (I'd dipped the clutch so it wasn't like the engine was stalling or anything). Went out as soon as I took my foot of the brake pedal

Tried it again, exactly the same thing.

I'm gonna read the ECU codes as soon as I can remember which pins to jumper on the connector (any ideas?), but in the mean time, any thoughts, as there also seems to be a bit or a rubbing noise when I do it (doesn't sound like the wheels catching the arches or anything).
projectx

by BazV6er » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:19 pm

hmm strange chris ,i know my brothers old h reg calibra 16v 4x4 had a noise ,what he did was put new discs and pads on but there was a scraping noise so he took off the plate behind the disc and it sorted the problem
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Kieran_Burns » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:00 pm

So when the inertia throws the weight of your car forward you get a light on?

I can't help but think you have some loose connections somewhere that only come to 'light' when you brake really hard...
Kieran_Burns

by projectx » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:17 am

Hmmm, you could be right K...Dunno though, as I also get a kinda whirring noise when I brake. Might just be the pads going over the grooves, and me not being used to really decent brakes, as my fronts have been warped for the past 6 months, and believe me, these brakes really do work now they've bedded in nicely.

Any ideas on what pins I need to short on the diag plug to get the ECU codes?
projectx

by thecrow » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:39 am

Hi mate,

its pins A and B on the diag plug, they are labelled as you look down on it from above.

I think the whirring noise is just the grooves (my friend's Punto did the same thing with grooved discs)

Chris
thecrow

by jaybv6 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:58 am

Make sure none of the wiring near the black lines and associated areas is a)trapped or b)broken.
jaybv6

by projectx » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:13 am

<!--QuoteBegin-thecrow+--><div class='quotetop'>(thecrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi mate,

its pins A and B on the diag plug, they are labelled as you look down on it from above.

I think the whirring noise is just the grooves (my friend's Punto did the same thing with grooved discs)

Chris<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cool, I'll diag check it tomorrow and see if it has thrown anything up...Yeah I suspected the whirring was the grooves, that's certainly what it sounded like [img]/smile.gif[/img]
projectx