braided brake lines.......

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

braided brake lines.......

by diamondcali » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:44 pm

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Hi Guys,

ok,braided brake lines.......
When you fit them is it a case of just undoing the rubber brake line
off the calliper and attaching the new braided line to the calliper and the other end to the rubber brake line???
Do they all fit together with no problems or not??
I know you have bleed the brakes but is the above correct??
Cheers,
Andy.
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
diamondcali

by Mark1 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:45 pm

You should replace the rubber with the braided ones and I would change the brake fluid at the same, maybe with DOT5 or 5.1
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by andy69 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:36 am

When i changed mine, I drained the whole system, Took ages to bleed, bought a kit
You run of your spare tyre just a case of topping up and waiting the lazy way, but
the easy way.....never had brakes so good...

Andy
andy69

by AndiSe5 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:54 pm

Got braiding on the fronts but not the rears as its a bugger to do.
AndiSe5

by diamondcali » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:03 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Got braiding on the fronts but not the rears as its a bugger to do.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Why??????
diamondcali

by widget » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:38 pm

I found just trying to get the right ones for my v6 impossible.

the existing connector has some kind of adapter on it - that just doesn't come with any braided ones you buy as replacements.

I just have braided on the front.

Graham
widget

by AndiSe5 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:12 pm

I have the same prob as widget.

the rear original hose has some weird adaptor on it (pump side) and i cannot be bothered with the greef of fitting them at the moment.
AndiSe5

by widget » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:08 pm

am just thinking that when I have the pipes replaced - I'll make the new braided hoses fit then.
widget

by Tim2001 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:57 am

The rears require an adapter as its either two females or two males you are left with to put together. I belive black diamond do the adapter but you need to know to ask for it as it does not come as standard in the kits. Someone on here was doing a deal on kits a few weeks back in the trade iirc possible username robrcs
Tim2001