suspension kits which ones?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

suspension kits which ones?

by Welsh_Andy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:45 pm

im lookin at getting a full kit,but which are the betta ones.
i got a choice of
spax
kyb
apex
pi
all are rougly same price,although i did find the apex at a bargain £199:eek:
Welsh_Andy

by Dan Willis » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:42 pm

Are you limited in budget then? I'd try to aim for a Koni kit or something similar. Although I think PI are okay.
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Welsh_Andy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:13 am

yep i am limited,cheapest koni i seen was bout £280,but the shocks are oil filled not gas. and i thought gas is far far betta
Welsh_Andy

by Col » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:53 am

my GMAX kit was around £200 from <a href="http://www.proven-products.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.proven-products.co.uk/</a>
freindly service & next day delivery.
Col

by Welsh_Andy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:56 am

ermm pass had nothing but probs with the last gmax u bought
Welsh_Andy

by Fostersice17 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:27 pm

Got koni adjustable's on mine,very good indeed.Had H & R before no good at all.Better to spend a few quid rather than get something cheap and end up changing it
Fostersice17

by thesaint » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:21 pm

I have the G-max kit on mine, dampers are good but springs are way too hard, alright if you're gonna do track days i suppose
thesaint

by Col » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-welsh_cally_man+--><div class='quotetop'>(welsh_cally_man)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ermm pass had nothing but probs with the last gmax u bought<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

had no probs with mine although ive never tried any other make of kit so i cant compare with koni, eibach etc etc
Col

by Welsh_Andy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:01 pm

i went a little over my budget,but was worth it,i got a koni full suspension sport kit.lowers 35-40mm and with ajustable shocks from larkspeed for a bargain £350,70 notes cheaper than regal.
<a href="http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=KONIEQUIPADSUSPENKITS&p=261721&a=i" target="_blank">larkspeed</a>

so im well happy,i guess payin a little extra is worth it in the end and with a lifetime warrenty you cant go wrong
Welsh_Andy

by jaybv6 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:54 pm

Your're right. You pay cheap money you get a crap kit. Although people like their G-Max/chaepo setups they don't realise how crap they really are unless they have experienced a decent setup.

The kit you did buy is good, Koni being oil filled is not a problem, damping properties are ten time better. You would have got ROC Matched springs with that it which are good.

The best setup though are Koni fully adjustables with matched Eibach springs.
jaybv6

by ecosseM » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:13 pm

av got g-max on mine an can honestly say they fine. bought threw halfords, had one prob with a front shockie but they looked at it and ordered me a new one, was there 2/3 days later.
ecosseM

by jaybv6 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:23 pm

ecosseM. What I am saying about kits like G-Max is that they are fine, for the price. But when you drive a car that has a G-Max setup and then the same car with the Koni or Bilstein setup you can see why they are so cheap. As long as it works for you, and you never drive a Koni kitted Calibra, all will be fine.
jaybv6

by Fostersice17 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:17 pm

Glad you went for the koni set-up,probably the same as mine.Good choice:)
Fostersice17

by Welsh_Andy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:28 pm

like i said,i was going for the koni oil filled red kit which was £260,but went for the sports kits at a bit more but has a lifetime warrenty as well. but spoke to regal and larkspeed and both said that the red kits dampers are pretty well standard shocks but uprated a bit and ajustable by taking them off,and 3 yr warrenty.
but they both said that the sports kits,was a true sport kit and top ajustable,the shocks are far far betta than the red kit, and with the lifetime warrenty.as most of you know koni dont make springs,so they usin vogtland springs.

but it makes more sense save and to pay a little extra for the betta quality and betta ride
now its time 2 save for that XE conversion:thumb:
Welsh_Andy