Bad Pulling & Wobbling

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Bad Pulling & Wobbling

by 4x4Turbo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:56 am

when you drive it doesnt do it all the time just every no and then the steering wheel really pulls hard and the front wheels sort of pull and vibrate as if there trying to lock or even as if there falling off!! ive replaced both bottom wishbones as the bushes were really worn but driving to work this morning and it did it again as i was conmming off the moterway. has anayone ever had this or know what it could be?? im thinking it may be the diff trying to lock up??

any help please!!

Olly
4x4 Turbo
4x4Turbo

by ROG » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:21 am

could be the cv joint, my wishbones were stuffed, i replaced them and i was occasionaly getting clicking from the front wheel on full lock, and then squeeking from the wheel, sounds like the brakes binding,after driving a hour or so and when squeeking it pulls occasionaly to the drivers side, my squeeking is defo from the wheel as i got my bro to sit on the front with the bonnet open as i drove down the road, only pulls when it squeeks.
ROG

by 4x4Turbo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:41 am

funny you say that cos my drivers wheel does squek i put it down to being the pads i even took them out saturday and gave them a clean up and it still squeks!! its quite a violet pull if you know what i mean and only last for about 3 - 4 seconds but as you mention cv joints it makes sense really. what i dont wanna do is keep doing things and it keeps doing it! problems like this are a pain in the backside!!!
4x4Turbo

by 4x4Turbo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:45 am

so did it stop the pulling when you done the cv joint?? and the squeking stopped?? i did notice on saturday that on the drivers side there was a small amount of play if you wobble the disc slightly where the drivshaft connects into the hub i iniatlly thought this would be the wheel bearing? is that where the cv joints are??
4x4Turbo