Brake sensor question.

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Brake sensor question.

by gremlin » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:24 pm

<!--coloro:black--><span style="color:black"><!--/coloro-->Since buying my car the brake sensor cable that connect to the pads have been missing so I have just purchased them and gone to fit them but the end that clips to the brake pads is missing the little clip they clip into. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:black--><span style="color:black"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:black--><span style="color:black"><!--/coloro-->My question is do those little clips come as part of the pads or as a separate thing?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:black--><span style="color:black"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:black--><span style="color:black"><!--/coloro-->Does anyone have any pictures of this they can send me so I can also see how to route the sensor cables from the pads back to the chassis?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
gremlin

by 4x4Turbo » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:44 am

tere should be a little lug on the back of the pad with a hole in where this clips into, and the new wiring you have got should have a little black bit on the end which clips into this, however ive had nothing but a nightmare with brake sensors!! the light kept coming on even tho id put new wiring in etc so i just looped them out!!

Olly
4x4 Turbo
4x4Turbo

by gremlin » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:19 pm

Olly the kug on the back of the pad, do they come with the pad or a seperate part?

How do you loop them out if i need to?
gremlin

by 4x4Turbo » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:00 pm

the lug should be part of the pad, unless your car has got the wrong pads in it then this should be there i'll see if i can find a pic. as for looping them out, if you follow the wiring back to the connecter which is on the inner part of the arch (behind the strut) and un plug this then just get a bit of wire or i use a split pin and plug it into the 2 connectors this just makes the circiut up and stops the light coming on. the part of the loom you unplug will not hen be needed!

olly
4x4Turbo