Koni Suspension kit

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Koni Suspension kit

by Jeffers » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:02 pm

With regards to the free yellow bump stops that you get with the Koni kit, call me thick but, where do they go, has anyone used them?

Also, what make are then springs that you get with them? How much are the springs worth 2nd hand after about 10,000 (1 year)usage? I have no use for them as I have bought Eibachs.
Jeffers

by Stupink » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:09 pm

bump stops normally go around the shaft of the shock.. they are like a shock absorber for the shock absorber. lol.. softens the blow when they're compressed fully. koni "kits" come with a couple of types of springs, forget whick, possibly ROC and another..

Springs (other than eibach lol..) are usually faily cheap, so after 10k they're probably not worth THAT much, suggest ebay perhaps for selling them on as we are not allowed "offers" on the site here.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by gran » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:01 pm

what springs are they? mitght have a use for the rears if they're -35mm?
gran

by Jeffers » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:18 pm

These are the yellow rubber bump stops you get with the kit pictures taken both sides up. I can't see how they fit the dampers at all. All 4 are identical & as you know the rear dampers nothing like the fronts. The smaller whole is even too small for the rod of the front dampers to go through it. I'm not bothered about fitting them mind you, but am curious as to there use.

Here are piccy's of the springs, has anyone any idea what make they are or what drop?

The Koni box says they are lowering springs so I'd imagine it is a -30mm to -40mm drop. Would anyone disagree?
Jeffers

springs

by rockierobin » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:27 pm

if the springs are going cheap mines got a broken spring would be a good frst mod 4 me pm me if ur selling them please
rockierobin

by Jeffers » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:25 am

Rockierobin - PM sent
Jeffers

by Jeffers » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:14 am

Springs in the for sale forum now.
Jeffers