Wolfrace Ikon Plus 18's - will they fit?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Wolfrace Ikon Plus 18's - will they fit?

by wardyworld » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:22 pm

Hi all,

Been offered a set of 18" Wolfrace Ikon Plus wheels - they were off a BMW Mini - will they fit my car?

I have a 92 Redtop - The wheels are ET38 - and the PCD is 4 x 100 - which is all OK (I think?)

Is there any other measurements that I should check before I buy them?

Any help would be great.

Cheers everyone,

Adam.
wardyworld

by projectx » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:11 pm

Offset's a little iffy IMO, but you'll probably get away with it. Wait for other people's verdict's though, I'm far from a rim expert [img]/smile.gif[/img]
projectx

by Paul » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:19 pm

My wheels are 38mm offset, and I've had no problems.
Paul

by Peachperformance » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:27 pm

ET 38 with 215/35/18 tyres on mine and no problems [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Peachperformance

by wardyworld » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:39 pm

Thanks guys -

Last question:

What is C/Bore?

Does it matter that the mini is 57.0 and the Calibra is 56.5? Will this difference cause me a problem?

Cheers,

Adam.
wardyworld

by Peachperformance » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:15 am

The centre bore is the diameter of the hub lip that the wheel locates on. It centralises the wheel and makes it easier for you to get the wheel bolts lined up. As the mini wheels cente bore is bigger you can just get some spiggot rings (there the plastic ring inserts you get with aftermarket wheels) to suit.
Peachperformance

by wardyworld » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Peachperformance+--><div class='quotetop'>(Peachperformance)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ET 38 with 215/35/18 tyres on mine and no problems [img]/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cheers for the reply peachperformance - am looking into Spigot Ring suppliers now...

Can I ask how the ride is with 18's?? Mine will be almost identical to yours - so just wondered?

I have 17's and they do tend to tramline a bit - meaning you must always grip the wheel as the car can suddenly pull towards the roads camber..

Cheers,

Adam.
wardyworld

by AndiSe5 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-wardyworld+--><div class='quotetop'>(wardyworld)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi all,

Been offered a set of 18" Wolfrace Ikon Plus wheels - they were off a BMW Mini - will they fit my car?

I have a 92 Redtop - The wheels are ET38 - and the PCD is 4 x 100 - which is all OK (I think?)

Is there any other measurements that I should check before I buy them?

Any help would be great.

Cheers everyone,

Adam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

YES they fit, i have them very exact ones on my calibra apart from mine are chrome (bling)
AndiSe5

by Peachperformance » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:07 am

<!--QuoteBegin-wardyworld+--><div class='quotetop'>(wardyworld)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Cheers for the reply peachperformance - am looking into Spigot Ring suppliers now...

Can I ask how the ride is with 18's?? Mine will be almost identical to yours - so just wondered?

I have 17's and they do tend to tramline a bit - meaning you must always grip the wheel as the car can suddenly pull towards the roads camber..

Cheers,

Adam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No problem mate [img]/smile.gif[/img] .

The last time i bought some spigot rings seperate from the wheels I got the from Wheelmania so you could give them a try.

I do get some tramlining from the wheels but it isn't as bad as the 100+ 17" tornados that were on it before and the roads round here are crap so I don't think you'll have any worries :cool:
Peachperformance

by projectx » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Paul+--><div class='quotetop'>(Paul)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My wheels are 38mm offset, and I've had no problems.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I stand corrected [img]/smile.gif[/img]
projectx

by BazV6er » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:41 pm

best bet is to PM Daddycool(simon) or Smurf(neil) as they have these alloys...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net