digi dash?!?!?

Exterior & Interior Styling.

by ecosseM » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:26 am

going by the amount outside the fasia for the calibra/cavalier, ad have to say no go... hard enough fitting in the gte lcd. dremil reqired for cutting dash inside to fit it. done though got all working, and use the seat belt warning light as the airbag check control [img]/ohmy.gif[/img]) job start to finish took aprox 5 hrs. that was making a fasia to fit over gte dash, wires, then fitting in.

<a href="http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=66lk.jpg" target="_blank">Image</a>
ecosseM

by nick1402 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:41 pm

was there ever a digital dash made for the cavalier/vectra as i am sure i saw one for sale on the german ebay site but that was a while ago and was about £500 but may just plug in
nick1402

by Fraz » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:28 am

there was and it is now fitted into aldos car
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:41 am

<!--QuoteBegin-nick1402+--><div class='quotetop'>(nick1402)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->was there ever a digital dash made for the cavalier/vectra as i am sure i saw one for sale on the german ebay site but that was a while ago and was about £500 but may just plug in<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->depending on what car you have its a direct swap ,,,ish<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->[/font]
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->It don't really work in the V6 since it was never built for 6 cylinders, but you can (as Aldo did) change the chip on the dash from a Senator, but you also loose the check control functions...though been told you need to change the module up behind the glove box for the one out of an Astra GTE<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->even then you loose some of the check control functions as they where never fitted to the dash like traction control <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->16V though is almost a straight swap though still think you need to change the check control module<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
[font=Arial]and for those that don't want all that hassle there is a place in Germany that does the conversion all ready to pop right in and still keep the check control bits ....link in one of these posts<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->[/size]<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro--><a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15612" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15612</a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->[size=2]<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro--><a href="http://www.clubcalibra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15780" target="_blank">http://www.clubcalibra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15780</a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by big_gordy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:02 pm

you can get it all for about £150 as i am...hehe was told it was posted yesterday by the cap that is on the link in fraz`es post his name is patrick!

cant wait to see how it is was told i still have all my check controls too!!!
Best Presented Billing 2007 Green V6 Auto

SE9 V6 Duel Fuel LPG aka THE RED DEVIL
Tigra Chequers 1.6 - # 2 Car
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Proxie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-cobra148+--><div class='quotetop'>(cobra148)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->But above you said "The 8v dashes had a half moon rev counter, where as the 16v had the torque curve as the rev counter."
I've had the curved meter in a 16V, they were not used only in 8V's<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah..but the torque curve dont match C20XE's actual curve :roll:

People usually shift gear in 5000rpm.. oh my.. C20xe likes to be rev'ed past beyond that [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Look at my signature..it's the proper LCD for Calibra [img]/wink.gif[/img]

When fitting this kind of LCD you'll need pulse sensor on gearbox (6 impulse on F20) and another type of 'check control' ECU (the digital one - not the standard analogue)
Proxie

by Fraz » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:52 pm

have one fitted into mine and the revs are just fine ..you do loose the check control system, but there again who really needs a wee light to tell you your washer fluid is low.....you still have the important ones airbag,ABS, oil and low fuel etc etc

Aldo does have the proper Vectra/Cavailer digital dash fitted and has everything working ...infact he has a spare one as well if anyone has a spare £500
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Suicidle-Lemming » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:36 pm

[email]""[/email] with there digi dashes
i still got mine collecting dust but i aint got a clue how to stick it in n i cant find this transponder cable n sensor anywhere =((((((((
Suicidle-Lemming

by icewizard » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:12 pm

Better of selling it to me for £100 if you ask me.
icewizard

by King Calibra » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Munt+--><div class='quotetop'>(Munt)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->thats why i want one, 80's best decade EVER!!!!!! in my opinion<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You should sell your calibra and buy a Manta then. [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
King Calibra

by 1llusion » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Why not go for this option.
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004321510" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004321510</a>

Okay it is expensive but
1llusion

by ecosseM » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:46 pm

thats the one/type aldo have went out and bought for his car (not the beast)
ecosseM

by Suicidle-Lemming » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:07 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Better of selling it to me for £100 if you ask me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
if that was an offer to me send em the cash n ill ship it to ya lol
Suicidle-Lemming

by aldov6 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:54 pm

that digital dash is now sold :eek: but whos got it mmm?[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Da BEAST Claim To Fame
Best Modified Car Knockill Hot Hatch Day 2003
Best In Show Billing 2003
Best In Group Class Ayrshire Classic Vehicle Show 2005
Best In Show Billing 2005/Runner Up Chairmans Cup 2005
Best In Show Billing 2008/Runner Up Chairmans Cup 2008

Long Live Da BEAST/Look Out For The NEW BEAST Coming Next Year
ClubCalibra.net