installation directions for afterburners

Exterior & Interior Styling.

installation directions for afterburners

by vaggelis00 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 am

does anybody has the directions how to make the boot open after i install the afterburners?
vaggelis00

Re: installation directions for afterburners

by Fraz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:37 pm

if your alarm has the function you can use that to pop the boot using the original locking motor, or just have a switch mounted someplace in the car

you remove the central locking motor and turn it round the other way, there is a rod that goes from the bit in the original lock that connect to the locking mechanism of the boot latch, all you do is take that out and you have to cut it to length and bend it so its got a hook on the end, attach the hook to the motor. The motor will mount using two of the original mounting holes all you need to do is attach two wires to the motor, making sure that it now pushes rather than pulls if its still pulling swap the wires round. One wire will be a constant 12V the other an earth ...up to you what one you use as the supply from your alarm or switch .... its clearer once you see it all and start doing it

dont shut the boot till you know its popping alright ....
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vaggelis00 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:38 am

if i use my motor when i unlock the car it will pump. how will it know when to pump and when not to pump? also if it pumps the motor will stay open so if i close the boot and want to pump it again i will have to lock the car and then unlock it?

is there a how to with photos somewhere?
vaggelis00

by Fraz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:08 pm

well just fit a switch then and dont bother with using your alarm fob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net