cavalier digi dash problem

Exterior & Interior Styling.

cavalier digi dash problem

by vaggelis00 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:24 pm

i have fitted a cavalier digi dash to my calibra. i have used this guide http://www.akirwan.freeserve.co.uk/akhow2/cavdig.rtf but when it comes to the check control to work i cant get the 2 bulbs signs of. the other four checks (oil,water...) work as they were supposed to. i fitted an Astra GTE bulb fail module but it didnt helped me. any ideas?
vaggelis00

Re: cavalier digi dash problem

by big_gordy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 pm

have u tried pressing the break pedal ? when ignition on? and check all yer lights do work?
Best Presented Billing 2007 Green V6 Auto

SE9 V6 Duel Fuel LPG aka THE RED DEVIL
Tigra Chequers 1.6 - # 2 Car
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vaggelis00 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 pm

yeap mate. i get the check signs always on without even turning the lights on
vaggelis00

by Fraz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 pm

have you added the wire to the blue connector of the check control ??

add new wire to pin 1 of the blue connector and link to pin 18 White/Green wire (Tail/Dip).

add new wire to pin 2 of the blue connector and link to pin 24 & 10 Black/Yellow & Black/Grey wires (Brake Lamps).
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vaggelis00 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

add new wire to pin 1 of the blue connector and link to pin 18 White/Green wire (Tail/Dip).

i have wired this one but from the dash end i think i havent wired it because i dont know where
vaggelis00

by Fraz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 pm

no its not the blue dash connector it is the blue connector that is above the glove box for the check control
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vaggelis00 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 pm

i have wired it there. both pin 1 and 2 from the black connector
vaggelis00

by Fraz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm

you add a new pin to the black connector of the check control box above glove box

from the new pin of pin1 you have just added to the black connector ...link this to the blue connector pin 18 of the blue connector of teh check control box

from the new pin of pin 2 you have just added to the black connector ...link this to the blue connector pin 24 of the blue connector of the check control box

is that what you have done ??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

you do have standred back lights I take it....not led ones??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vaggelis00 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:32 am

Fraz wrote:you add a new pin to the black connector of the check control box above glove box

from the new pin of pin1 you have just added to the black connector ...link this to the blue connector pin 18 of the blue connector of teh check control box

from the new pin of pin 2 you have just added to the black connector ...link this to the blue connector pin 24 of the blue connector of the check control box

is that what you have done ??

i also have connected pin 2 to pin 10 Black/Yellow & Black/Grey wires (Brake Lamps).

i have afterburners but i use load resistors to avoid the signs light on. at least this happened when i had the previous dash (the original)
vaggelis00

by Fraz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 pm

it all worked fine with mine even when I had the after burners fitted. Its been that long since I did mine I would need to haul it to bits to check how it was all done .....but we have never used the Astra check control bit as mentioned ..I think I just simply earthed the light connectors out on the check control so the light went out, but that then means you no longer have the check faculty working correctly
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vaggelis00 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:35 am

finally i made it work with the astra check control because i wanted it to be working properly and not just turn of the bulb sign :D
vaggelis00

by Fraz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:48 pm

well let us all know how you did it then??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net