bodykit fitting

Exterior & Interior Styling.

bodykit fitting

by madgump1979 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 pm

im fitting a front spoiler,rear apron and sideskirts to my calibra.I need advice on how to fit them,how to bond them and how much bond will i require.The paint on my calibra is in good nick so i think a half respray would be ok.thanks
madgump1979

Re: bodykit fitting

by cally8valver » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:14 pm

what kit is it what material is it made of is it new or second hand has it been fitted to another car before
cally8valver

by Calibra_Mike » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 pm

get some pics of what is going on? my one big bit of advice would be, plan it all first... then take ur time... it could be made a lot easier having a second pair of hands on standby too...
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by madgump1979 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 pm

its f/glass and the kit is new never fitted its quite flexible too
Attachments
DSC00083.JPG
DSC00082.JPG
DSC00081.JPG
madgump1979

by cally8valver » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:48 pm

measure it all up put a line to where the kit sits to and you know how far the bond will come to one clever bit of advice is to push the kit up slightly from below the line as this will minimise bonding agent overspill you will also need some clamps to hold itinto place while it sets but with it been fibreglass check it bloody fits first lol
cally8valver

by Jamesyboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Id say it being fiberglass was mistake number 1 in my opinion, its very shatterable, and not as flexi as you may think, its ok as long as no abuse is made to it. The fron and back should be fairly easy to get on if the fitment is correct of the parts, but ive found the skirts are pigs to fit, even when i got mine right, i drove through a puddle and they got ripped off! But obviously it is doable. Take your time with it all and no half measures mate.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net