MILES4SMILES EVENT

All other events not formally organised by the club

MILES4SMILES EVENT

by Fraz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Had This come in from the VBOA ...think you just go along and enjoy the night...and maybe win a Viva

Good Afternoon,

We've received enormous support from Vauxhall Viva owners for our charity event so far and want to thank you all by inviting to you and guests to attend our pre-launch event on 3rd January at Perrys Barnsley between 6:30pm and 9:30pm.

We are having a 70’s party with food, entertainment, games & raffles, retro goodies and a series of pop-up shops. All proceeds from the evening will be donated to a very worthwhile cause, the Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice. Casual Attire, but 70's gear would be most welcomed to help create a great feel to the night – there will be many journalists who would love to grab a quick picture with you on the night, we're sure!

If you would like to attend, can you please can you inform me at mwoolley@perrys.co.uk or call 01604 667314 and let me know how many people you wish to bring along. If you’d like to bring your Vauxhall Viva along that would be great.

We have attached some really great pictures of the actual Vauxhall Viva that we are auctioning, along with a Press Release detailing our plans.

It’s going to be a memorable evening, and we look forward to sharing it with you in support of a wonderful cause!

Kind Regards

Michael Woolley

Luke didn’t know that Darth Vader was his father, the Queen celebrated her Silver Jubilee and Abba went to number one with Knowing Me Knowing You. 1977 was a memorable year for many, and Perrys will be capturing the infamy of the 70’s by auctioning a Vauxhall Viva in a charity auction. All proceeds raised from the auction will go to Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice. Along with the car there will also be plenty of other great prizes to bid on, ranging from top of the line money-can’t-buy experiences, to football tickets and signed shirts.

The Campaign begins on the 3rd January in Barnsley with a pre-launch event. Perrys are calling on the support of all motoring journalists, bloggers, celebrities and car enthusiasts to celebrate the start of the campaign. The pre-launch is a great opportunity to have a closer, hands-on look at the Viva and network with other industry writers and bloggers alike.

To remember the Viva’s iconic 70’s roots, the pre-launch will have plenty of 70’s memorabilia, and staff will be fully embracing the era.

On the 9th January, Perrys are taking the Vauxhall Viva on a tour across the country. Our showrooms will be hosting events full of fun activities, freebies and plenty of opportunities to donate for Bluebell Wood. Open to all members of the public, activities will include face painting, raffles, celebrity appearances and the ability to bid on the Viva live on the day. We will also have Bluebell Wood representatives there on the day to offer advice, support and information about the charity.
The Viva was sold new in 1977 by David Totty: “The viva was an exciting car at the time, it had a modern look and its styling was so ahead of its time. As a Sales Executive the Vauxhall Viva was a great car to sell because of its unique appearance. The particular model that Perrys have it still in such great condition today it really is a rarity. It’s only done 11,000 miles and is mint condition, the previous owner took great care of the car and it really does show. I remember the excitement of the previous owner when he first purchased it, hopefully the next owner will feel the same.” Perrys Sales Executive Mr Totty
Perrys Chairman Ken Savage discussing the Viva: “I have fond memories of the Vauxhall Viva, my mum used to pick me up from school in her Viva. It’s very unusual to find a car such as our Viva in such great and original condition and I really hope it goes to somebody who will really appreciate it. I am delighted to be able to use the car to raise money for such a worthwhile cause.”
Perrys Will be using the hashtag #MILES4SMILES for this campaign feel free to use this hashtag in any material you write for the event.

Vehicle Specifications:
• Vauxhall Viva 1300L
• Reg: YBV 471R
• Colour: Gold
• Fuel Type: Petrol
• Engine Size (CC): 1256

History of the car:
• The viva was sold new in 1977
• The car has only done 11,000 miles
• There are only 23 Vauxhall Viva 1300L licensed in 2013
• 1 owner from new until the car was purchased by the dealership
• In 1991 the customer returned the Viva as a part exchange