which springs?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by pb63 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Can anyone recommend the best lowering springs for my car and where to get them from.

I've just got some 17's and want to drop it 40mm all around. I've heard that Gmax aren't too good. I dont want to spend heaps of money (Eibach or Koni) but obviously i want the car to look good and ride well. I cant afford a full shock and spring kit and besides it would be a waste to not use the standard shox as they're ok.

Have any of you guys just uprated the springs on your car and how did you find it?

Any comments grateful,

Cheers :roll:

p.s i've just broken my cherry here :wink:
pb63

which springs?

by SteveU » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:41 pm

Personally if I were to lower a cally again then I'd do exactly the same again as what I have now. This is Eibach springs (they really are worth the extra money) on standard shocks. They give the car a nice ride height, crisp handling and a firm but not harsh ride. I've heard that Koni's give a very harsh ride with amazing handling whilst cheaper makes just don't feel right.

Others are obviously gonna give varied opinions but this is what I have found.
SteveU

by pb63 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:46 pm

Thats kinda the impression i'm findin Steve. Cheers for your help. They are alot more expensive but if they feel right well it maybe worth it in the longterm.
pb63

by ian_n » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:34 pm

I agree with Steve, its well worth saving a bit more money and going for Eibach, what ever you do.....stay away from PI.....just my opinoin....had past nightmare with them :x
ian_n

Its the w/end

by pb63 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:18 pm

cheers chaps you swayed me! Just ordered some eibachs for £133 inc. vat and postage. I'll show you the pics when i'm done.
pb63

by RobbieV » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:21 pm

Well done that man [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] I believe in the long run you have made the right choice, And Eibachs are my choice aswell :wink: [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by diamondcali » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:51 pm

Well i have a set of Koni adjustables and Eibachs springs
going on Tuesday.
So i hope i wont be disappointed.
If i am...........its all you guys fault for telling me that this is the
best set up......LOL [img]/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
Andy.
diamondcali

by ian_n » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:35 pm

Good choice chap, are you going to change the shocks too?
ian_n

by Col » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:11 am

pb63 where did you order them from ? for that price i think ill join you
Col

by Smurf » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:35 pm

I may consider lowering mine.... still undecided as the front splitter still grounds out at standard height...

Going from what's been put here though I'll go for the Eibachs when I do.
Smurf

by pb63 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-col.youle+--><div class='quotetop'>(col.youle)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->pb63 where did you order them from ? for that price i think ill join you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hi col,

i'm getting them from venom motorsport who are based up near blackburn. <a href="http://www.venommotorsport.com" target="_blank">www.venommotorsport.com</a> 01254 814444. £125 pp £8,
Say you saw the advert in Total Vauxhall.

By the way, should be fitting those wheels you tipped me for at xmas as soon as the springs arrive! :wink:

Cheers again pal., [img]/smile.gif[/img]
pb63

by Col » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:26 am

good stuff, get them on and get the pics up !
im breaking an 8v at the mo so soon as the cash comes in ill be sure to get an order in, been meaning to lower it for ages :wink:
Col