LET the rebuild begin

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

LET the rebuild begin

by bodgetastic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:16 pm

Thought I would start a thread on the progress of the rebuild, keep me sane and may help to remember where everything goes when it comes to putting it back together

Progress so far has been really just stripping everything from the car, engine out ready to be stripped and see if anything can be re-used. Here's where it all went wrong

Pic from the front of the block, nasty

And the back, you can just about see it even sheared the bracket holding the tx box.

Peek a boo.

Current engine mods are :

HKS Induction kit (located behind the bumper)
Custom pipework from Filter to Turbo
APS FMIC (with Daddycool pipwork)
Regal enlarged tophat
HKS Dump Valve
Magnecor Leads
SARD AFPR
Z20Let Injectors
EDS Phase II
Helix Clutch
Helix Lightened flywheel
Transfer box with custom ramseal
Samco hoses (all with Mikalor clamps)
Lots of parts polished / chromed

Will update the list as I go on and hopefully some nice progress pics with lots of shiny new stuff
Last edited by bodgetastic on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by dicky » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:32 pm

O deer, have you got a new block for it? Good work s far. [img]/smile.gif[/img]
dicky

by Stupink » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:47 pm

really did a propper job, fingers crossed for the head [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:08 pm

really did a propper job, fingers crossed for the head

Yea, gonna whip it off in a min, im hoping it should be ok so I only have to worry about getting a bottom end for it! Am still looking though Dicky if you know of one ?
Last edited by bodgetastic on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Sackie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:12 pm

Good luck on the rebuild, glad you got money for it, I just keep looking at mine and dreaming. tho not for long as when I sell my house its off to the mechanic to get sorted!

I know Im a mechanic but I reckon if someone else does it it will get done right as I will want to rush it and cut corners so to speak.

Keep us updated with pics and stuff!
Sackie

by Sackie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bodgetastic+--><div class='quotetop'>(bodgetastic)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yea, gonna whip it off in a min, im hoping it should be ok so I only have to worry about getting a bottom end for it! Am still looking though Dicky if you know of one ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know Chav was selling his old bottom end, not sure if its gone tho! [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Sackie

by bodgetastic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:34 pm

[QUOTE=Sackie]
I know Im a mechanic but I reckon if someone else does it it will get done right as I will want to rush it and cut corners so to speak.
QUOTE]

Ive decided to do it myself more as a learning excersie than anything else, and bought another car just so I wont have to rush it. I'm in no hurry to get it back on the road. Its the tools that have cost me the most so far though, I don't know how snap on can justify some of their prices but hey ho !
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Sackie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:38 pm

[QUOTE=bodgetastic][QUOTE=Sackie]
QUOTE]

Ive decided to do it myself more as a learning excersie than anything else, and bought another car just so I wont have to rush it. I'm in no hurry to get it back on the road. Its the tools that have cost me the most so far though, I don't know how snap on can justify some of their prices but hey ho ![/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, Ive just spent £50 on a ratchet screw driver from snap on, but some of the deals he has are quite good, LOL at £56 for a set of grips, I only really needed the larger one for oil filters but hey ho who cares. Im going to get a set of impact sockets for my windy gun next month as its knocking f**k out of my normal 1/2" set LOL

Id try some of the Halfrauds own tools, they also have a life time warrenty on them and are quite good in quality.

I agree with what you say, but at the end of the day, I play with engines all day, the last thing I want to do is play with mine at the weekend! I just wanna get pi55ed!
Sackie

by Jambo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 pm

how the hell you blow a hole in the bottom end like that?!

Halfords tools are good quality for the money!

keep this thread updated dude [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Jambo

by dicky » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bodgetastic+--><div class='quotetop'>(bodgetastic)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yea, gonna whip it off in a min, im hoping it should be ok so I only have to worry about getting a bottom end for it! Am still looking though Dicky if you know of one ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Only the one in my redtop. They are easy to come by though. As long as you pistons are ok you could just use a redtop bottom end iirc.
dicky

by Chavtastic » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:31 pm

You can use any XE as a bottom end, or even an ecotec with a few tweaks (has a nice mains girdle too!).

Good luck mate.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by fellow_dj2002 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm

looks like a few days work lol .good luck with it mate.

[img]/smile.gif[/img] [img]/smile.gif[/img]
fellow_dj2002

by rob » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi there mate Iv just stared my rebuild too. So far Iv had the head skimmed, pressure tested and the valve seats worked on at No 2 for £60.
Iv had the bottom end worked on i.e pistons and bearing and other stuff done for £156.
Now im putting everything back on the block ready for it to go back in.
All in all Iv spent about £750 on all the parts and some work to be done and that includes buying 2 2nd hand turbos as mine is fooked which is better than about 2K for a garage to do all the jobs.
rob

by BazV6er » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:02 am

good work bodge .
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:56 pm

Thought id give an update although progress has been slow the last couple of weeks what with one thing and another.

Been on the lookout for a donor Cally and remembered I had one hidden in the undergrowth at the bottom on the garden so dug her out and should hopefully do the job nicely.......

Even knocked together a temporary garage while the black cally is taking up the room, fantastic :icon_mrgr ......

Time to start stripping her down :icon_smas
Last edited by bodgetastic on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next