Alarm & Immobiliser

Any electrical issues

Alarm & Immobiliser

by newcalibrafan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi
Does anyone know the exact name, model and details of the factory fitted Anti Theft Alarm System and Electronic Immobilier on a 1996 2.0 16v Calibra?

My insurance broker are asking the question via a potential new insurance provider. I've always managed by saying 'factory fitted etc' but these guys seem to want more!

I have searched in manual and google etc without joy.

Thanks
newcalibrafan

by Mark1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:13 am

Never been asked the make and dont think you'll find out who makes it.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by Phantom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 pm

I agree with Mark it's just "factory fitted" and it isn't cat1 either
Phantom

Thanks

by newcalibrafan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks, insurance company can get stuffed if they're not happy.

Cheers
newcalibrafan

by purpalcally » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:39 am

According to Thatcham's website, the Alarm isn't Thatcham approved, its only the Immobiliser that would count.

If any insurance company ever asks, and your Calibra was built between November 1994 and August 1997, its a Thatcham Category 2 Immobiliser....its made by Vauxhall themselves and is an Engine Deadlock Immobiliser (sometimes the insurance co want the full name of the product).

The Thatcham coding for the system is TE1-221/0296

If you have a V6 or a Turbo built between May 1994 to November 1994 then it has a Vauxhall VIM 129 system, still Thatcham Categrory 2 Immobiliser and carries the Thatcham Coding TE1-33/1293.

I have a listing of the Thatcham coding for every vehcile and every alarm/immobiliser both OEM and Aftermarket. Would be happy to submit to the mods to post as a sticky it it could be used (although the info can be found on the Thatcham website as well)?
purpalcally

by C411BRAnut » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:20 pm

purpalcally wrote:According to Thatcham's website, the Alarm isn't Thatcham approved, its only the Immobiliser that would count.

If any insurance company ever asks, and your Calibra was built between November 1994 and August 1997, its a Thatcham Category 2 Immobiliser....its made by Vauxhall themselves and is an Engine Deadlock Immobiliser (sometimes the insurance co want the full name of the product).

The Thatcham coding for the system is TE1-221/0296

If you have a V6 or a Turbo built between May 1994 to November 1994 then it has a Vauxhall VIM 129 system, still Thatcham Categrory 2 Immobiliser and carries the Thatcham Coding TE1-33/1293.

I have a listing of the Thatcham coding for every vehcile and every alarm/immobiliser both OEM and Aftermarket. Would be happy to submit to the mods to post as a sticky it it could be used (although the info can be found on the Thatcham website as well)?

Thanks, purpalcally, that's really useful info. And to make things even easier, here's a link to the security section of the Thatcham website:

Click Here
C411BRAnut

by Mark1 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:38 pm

purpalcally wrote: Would be happy to submit to the mods to post as a sticky it it could be used (although the info can be found on the Thatcham website as well)?

That would be helpful, thank you. Just PM it to any of the mods and we will do the rest.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Re: Alarm & Immobiliser

by spoon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:30 pm

wow, that is good info...
spoon