Suspension bushes

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

PV Show

by vauxhallman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:51 pm

I managed to pick up a full Spax PSX kit (adjustable) for my turbo, from RDS on Migweb a few weeks ago and intend to get it fitted in three or four weeks time. Currently thinking of getting a garage close to me to do the job, rather than try and do it on the driveway.

The steering at the minute feels a bit lifeless although the rack seems to be ok, it's smooth enough and there doesn't seem to be any play when you turn the wheel without the car moving, so I assume I've got some knackered bushes.

What's worth replacing, both front and rear when I get the job done ? (by this I mean isn't going to be much more work and isn't going to cost a packet).

cheers
Kev
vauxhallman

by vauxhallman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:26 am

Come on guys anyone ?
vauxhallman

by Fraz » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:45 am

well if you can afford it Yes get all the bushes done ..I changed the complete front lower arm with new bushes and new drop links as well, got the rears done a little later and it does handle better

the recommended thing of course is polyurethane bushes but I just used standard ones .People who fitted the polyurethane all round have said they noticed a marked difference in handling

as usual its how deep your pockets are
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MarkV6 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Fraz+--><div class='quotetop'>(Fraz)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->People who fitted the polyurethane all round have said they noticed a marked difference in handling<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is this difference for better or worse? I'm thinking of fitting the poly bushes when I get a susp kit.
I used to own this Calibra...
I now own this one.

Xbox live gamertag IcedSage
PS3 PS4 network gamertag Calibra-Madman
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

C20 LET head gasket price

by Fraz » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:55 pm

for the better [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by cally1 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:49 pm

as far as i know you cant get all the rear bushes in polyurethane! [img]/sad.gif[/img]
cally1

by vauxhallman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:27 pm

Thanks guys, thought about poly stuff but don't want to compromise the ride too much.

So which bushes need changing, especially at the front ? Was thinking of new wishbones but is there anything else I SHOULD be doing while the suspension is apart ?
vauxhallman

by DOUGAL » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:59 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks guys, thought about poly stuff but don't want to compromise the ride too much<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not too bad, new oem shocks are far worse than poly bushes 8)

Front wishbone, front of purple poly, rear of yellow poly.

Rear wishbone, very thin red poly, large ofset bush, KMAC.

Works for me [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

DOUGAL
DOUGAL