LET the rebuild begin

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: LET the rebuild begin

by bodgetastic » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:29 am

richymotor wrote:if it doesn't run by the end of tomorrow then i'll be very dissapointed in steven

Give me a chance considering I can hardly walk to it at the mo, end of the month it should be running
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:39 am

ok jimmy,

so you're not ever intending to have it running tomorrow?
Rich.
R33 Skyline GTSR
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:52 am

richymotor wrote:
so you're not ever intending to have it running tomorrow?

No chance, still need to get the exhaust re-done, the inlet and all the ancillaries bolted back on.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Stupink » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:11 am

deja vous. didnt me and you end up pretty much level pegging with our last rebuild too? lol.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by richymotor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:18 am

i thought it was all going in tomorrow appart from the zorst
Rich.
R33 Skyline GTSR
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am

Stupink wrote:deja vous. didnt me and you end up pretty much level pegging with our last rebuild too? lol.

lol I think we were although you pulled your finger out last minute and made it to Coombe, this time last year I didnt have an engine in so at least I am 50% further on than last year :lol:

richymotor wrote:I thought it was all going in tomorrow appart from the zorst

Plan is to get the head on and timed up tomorrow, I can then finish bolting everything else on over the next couple of weeks.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Stupink » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:31 am

ahh yeah that was it.. i remember now. sadly while i have time to finish mine by combe (i only need to bolt on the turbo/inlet, time it up and make an exhaust now) i dont have the funds to be able to do it :( and/or the time to run it in (i kinda did that on the way to combe last year lol..)
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:49 am

Stupink wrote:ahh yeah that was it.. i remember now. sadly while i have time to finish mine by combe (i only need to bolt on the turbo/inlet, time it up and make an exhaust now) i dont have the funds to be able to do it :( and/or the time to run it in (i kinda did that on the way to combe last year lol..)

Sounds like were gonna be finishing about the same time now then, suppose I could of pushed to make coombe if I wasnt on crutches but PVS is looking more realistic now
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 am

if not then you can drive up in the audi lol and race that, i'm sure it's still got around 20bhp left to abuse
Rich.
R33 Skyline GTSR
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Finished bolting everything up together late last night so this morning I filled up with oil and water and it was time to awaken the b***h. Seem to of started and run very well, smokey smokey with all the new heat wrap on the manifold but is idleing much better than before now. Fan didnt kick in for some reason and the dam thermostat housing has a small leak but nothing too serious. Hopefully should be driving within a week so got a bit of time to sort things out and can start putting some miles on it 8)
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

i'll drive it in for you .... i'm all vauxhall'd up at the moment too.

well done on getting the last bits on .... the amount of times that housing was off i'm not surprised it's leaking
Rich.
R33 Skyline GTSR
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by splinter » Mon May 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Nice one mate :)
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 am

Not had a chance to update recently but as the car was spotted at PVS a few weeks ago some of you will know its up and running. Nearly up to 1000 miles on the engine but still doing a few final tweeks to get it running properly before taking it on the rollers.

First up was to build a splash guard to protect the hks induction from the british summer time weather...

Next up was to move the Cam breather away from the manifold, had a bit of a play with a spare before taking a hammer to mine but for anyone needing to do something similar, a few good hits and it does spin quite easy. Have to give another big thanks to Roose for making up another custom hose and getting it to me the next day, top guys!

More Roose hoses and fmic pipework, everything is so close between exhaust, turbo and ancillary bits that it has to be just right...

Just ready for the first propper road trip so decided to go for a bit of Calibra Spotting on route down to Stupinks House. Big thanks to Stu for letting me stick it over the pit and actually do some decent tinkering without being led on my back, well I say me I think it was Stu doing most of the work :lol:
Only managed to picture one Cally on route, have no idea where I was though :mrgreen:

Just my luck on the first trip that I manage to have a colision with a Badger, suppose I was lucky not to damage the front bumper but managed to split the rear extension. I dont seem to keep rear bumpers for too long :lol:

The custom ram seal that I made for the transfer box decided it wanted to start leaking so back from PVS and it was on the ramp to get stripped again :( . Another thanks to Stu for letting me salvage one of his spare boxes for a new seal. Ive taken lots of pics stripping the transfer box down so will do a how 2 if anyone is interested but the good news is that the custom seal is at prototype 2 stage and no reason why it shouldnt work if I need to change it again.

Bit of a play with the zigsaw to hide the battery :twisted:

And just need to fit my new Carbon Fibre catch tank to replace the oe waterbottle :lol:

More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by BazV6er » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 am

very nice steve , glad its working out ok for you
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by blacky » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:51 pm

very nice very,very nice i like alot!!! :mrgreen:
blacky