clunking intermitantly when turning

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

clunking intermitantly when turning

by scott_j_g » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 am

HI again everyone, seem to be finding more and more things that need sorted on my firts cally,

im getting a clunking noise from the front left of the car when turning left, this does not happen every time i turn

i also get a vibration through the steering at 55+ mph which i put down to wheel ballance ( also getting vibration from rear wheels )

i am going to get the wheels ballanced today and see how things play out, any thoughts on the clunking noise?

:think:
scott_j_g

Re: clunking intermitantly when turning

by GreyDJ » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 am

If it was regular clunking, odds on it is CV joint. When turning left it is the o/s, when turning right the n/s.

So that's one off the list :D
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by scott_j_g » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 am

GreyDJ wrote:If it was regular clunking, odds on it is CV joint. When turning left it is the o/s, when turning right the n/s.

So that's one off the list :D

nice 1 :D lets continue to reduce the list :dance:
scott_j_g

by tazz666 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 am

It could also be a broken spring, the best thing to do is to strip the strutt and inspect and renew worn parts :D
tazz666

by scott_j_g » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:59 am

tazz666 wrote:It could also be a broken spring, the best thing to do is to strip the strutt and inspect and renew worn parts :D

yeh i have cheked the spring its fine, not on the original springs has been lowered by previous owner, i think i will strip id down as a last resort, will try and check all of the above first :)
scott_j_g