Streering oddness

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

V6 rear susp arms

by calibra2zero » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:06 pm

not sure im posting this in the correct forum but hey its all new in here.

anyway few questions

1) my steerings a bit loose when turning right, kinda notchy then fine, also when you go over bumps on a right turn it sounds like its loose.

2) when im sationary and turn the wheel right theres a squeel coming from the engine bay

im thinking i need a new rack or just to tighten everything up under there but im wondering if they will do it when it gets a full service?

anyhelp is greatly accepted!

cheers!
calibra2zero

by jaybv6 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:14 pm

Are you loosing any power steering fluid? at worst you need a replacement Steering rack but be warned, it's not cheap if you go to vaux. Mine whent on the V6 and Vauxhall wanted £1300 to replace mine. I did it for £117 and did all the work myself.

From what you describe though, it does sound like the rack.
jaybv6

by calibra2zero » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:00 pm

well i just looked at the fluids and they are all okay. im not loosing power but when i started her up it did drop to about 500rmp then picked up to normal swiftly but thats cause thecars still warm i think.
oh when i just put in on full lock both left and right there was a bit of a whine and the revs did drop about 100rpm then when you let go of the wheel and lest it settle its okay.

personally i think the bushes or something need replacing and some new powersteering fluids. but im not 100% sure on this cause i aint clued up on the ol calibra.
calibra2zero

by jaybv6 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:52 am

It will whine on full lock because it cannot turn any further and you are putting strain on the PAS motor.
jaybv6