Does Your Wheel Sit Centred?

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by Millard » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:11 pm

Slightly related, when my car is stationary or moving slowly i get a lot of vibration through the steering wheel, could this be because my CV joint has no grease on it, or is the problem much worse?
Millard

by Smurf » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:59 pm

Thanks Col - I'll try and get it in there once I manage to get some money together after all the current work's finished - how much did it cost you?
Smurf

by SteveU » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm

The correct way to remove an airbag is to first disconnect the car battery, then wait at least 60 seconds for the capacitors in the system to discharge. You can then safely remove the airbag without fear of it going off (unless you drop it on the floor from a reasonable height of course). Once refitted securely, reconnect the battery and hey presto - airbag off & on without bringing the warning light on (or injuring yourself).
SteveU

by Col_UK » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:12 pm

didn't know we were talking about air-bags????

Neil it was about £20 it aint a lot anyway, takes ages there tho as they're always busy
Col_UK

by SteveU » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:46 pm

Check Neil's and Jay's posts about 7 posts up. They're quite clearly talking about airbags.
SteveU

by Smurf » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:45 pm

Cheers Steve - I put an airbag wheel on my 8v when I first bought that (the previous owner had put a MOMO one on and I wasn't keen on it). I'll get the tracking and balancing sorted out ASAP and if that all fails then will re-align the wheel most probably.

Col - I know what you mean about them being busy - that place is always packed isn't it?! I think I'll have to stay over at my girlfriend's one night (she lives in Micheldever village), then drive over there for 30 minutes before opening time and be the first in the queue!
Smurf

by Col_UK » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:52 am

best time to get there is either when they first open or after lunch (around 2-3pm) from my experience
i went at 12 once and it took me 1 1/2 hours to get tyres and tracking done
Col_UK

Previous